Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day Five

I'm on Day 5 now, and I must admit that I've cheated a few times. I found a Cadbury cream egg that I bought before I started Paleo and forgot to eat. Now, I couldn't just leave it sitting there lonely, and I knew Adam would be upset if I left it as temptation for him, so I fell on the sword and ate it myself. Tasted delicious, felt horrible afterwards.

Saturday, Day Two, was horrible because I slept in and then had to rush to get ready for work. I scarfed down two of the chocolate chip muffins I made Friday night, and then left without eating anything else. I ended up leaving work early because I was so woozy and nauseated I could barely stand up. Came home and ate a fried egg (in clarified butter) and some blackberries and felt a ton better.

Aside from the not-eating-enough and whoops-I-can't-leave-that-delicious-treat-just-sitting-there moments, I've done pretty well and can tell a difference already. I'm less tired during the day and not craving mid-day snacks as much. My main problem is remembering to make lunch the night before since I'm pretty bad about (but good at!) oversleeping. Today I ended up getting a salad from one of my favorite restaurants (still Paleo) when I could have had a Mason jar salad if I'd thought about doing it last night.

Dinners are interesting on the nights I work at the library since I only have a half-hour. Yesterday I had Adam start boiling some eggs at 5 so by the time I got home they'd be ready and we could have egg & avocado salad for dinner (two ingredients: egg, avocado). I have no idea what we'll have tonight because all of the meals I'd laid out last week require too much prep to be done and still give me time to eat.

I really need to make time to make the herb-salt blends recommended in Practical Paleo, but they require four hours of roasting in the oven to pull moisture out, and anytime I have four hours, I would much rather be sleeping or reading. (Yes, I know, I could put it in the oven and then sleep and/or read, but when sleeping and reading are on the agenda, everything else takes a back seat--sorry Adam.)

So there's your latest update. Is anyone thinking about starting Paleo? I'd love to walk side-by-side with you and encourage you (and get encouragement) on your journey!

1 comment:

  1. I started Paleo at lunch on March 4th. I'm going to do this for at least 30 days. I can't say "for the month of March" because I started late & I have a convention over Easter weekend that is a vacation & I'm going to eat & drink things that are most definitely not Paleo. So, 30 days from March 4th is April 7th for me. At that point, I'll see how I'm feeling and hopefully keep doing this. I already know that I feel much better when I'm not eating bread & starchy foods with every meal. I also want to lose 30lbs by the end of this year & this diet will be a huge help with that.

    ReplyDelete