Friday, March 15, 2013

Day Fifteen

Things are going well! I'm wearing a shirt today that used to really show off my "cupcake top" (I don't really eat muffins, but I'm a huge cupcake fiend), and Paleo has slimmed and trimmed enough that I can tuck it in to my jeans and not have to suck in to make it look okay. I lost another 0.6 pounds this week, bringing the total up to 2.3, and I'm feeling really good about that.

I've still been snacking on pistachios, sometimes supplementing meals like breakfast with them, but I'm trying to do a better job of eating more of the right things even if I don't feel particularly hungry. Yesterday for lunch I had modified chicken piccata, baked with artichoke hearts, capers, and lemon butter, and I'll have that again today for lunch.


Last night for dinner, I made what was supposed to be salmon and zucchini baked in parchment paper, but when I got home, I discovered that I love zucchini so much, the "that'll be plenty" that I bought at the grocery store was week was all gone! Instead, I made it with yellow squash, and it wasn't nearly as tasty.

My husband has been out of town the last two nights to attend his paternal grandmother's funeral in Louisiana, so I've had a lot of time to myself to snuggle with our dogs (they love it, but are confused in the mornings when Daddy's not home to climb back in bed with after their breakfast). This really equals that I've been doing a lot of reading, even more than I normally would, standing in the kitchen while things simmer on the stove or bake in the oven with a book and glass of water.

Last night, I picked up some craft materials at Target and decided to make a new case for my Nook SimpleTouch. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product last night, but here's the tutorial it's based on:

http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/03/diy-ipadkindlewhatever-clutch.html

I might have to make another, bigger, just to carry as a clutch, because I'm really happy with how it turned out!

Also: I found a new resource for Paleo recipes! http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/ Not everything is Paleo, but enough of them are that I'll be adding it to my regular reading list and menu planning guide!

No comments:

Post a Comment