Friday, March 1, 2013

Day One

The most exciting part of my day so far has been that my doctor finally ordered an MRI for my knee and that the imaging center had an open appointment, so I've already had my MRI--all before lunch!

Breakfast was that quiche that I mixed up last night. It isn't swirly like the pictures in the cookbook because I forgot to "create a swirl pattern with a fork before baking," but it was pretty tasty. Next time, I'll re-strain the zucchini/carrot mixture to remove additional moisture because the quiche ended up pretty damp.


Lunch was a spinach salad with sauteed chicken, pine nuts, and blueberries with an orange vinaigrette that I made last night. I forgot to take a picture--I got way too excited about how delicious it looked, and once I took my first bite, I couldn't stop to take a picture because it tasted as good as it looked.

I did find myself hungry after finishing it though, and had trouble resisting the candy drawer behind my office chair (to replenish the candy jar that's on my desk for visitors) and the canister of pretzels in our break room. I made a quick trip to the Walgreen's downstairs for some dark chocolate to tide me over.

Tonight I worked at the library, and only had a half-hour between getting home from my full-time job and leaving for my part-time job, so I had another portion of my lunch salad for dinner.


 I've got a batch of muffins in the oven right now for a midnight snack/tomorrow's breakfast.

I'm already noticing that I'm becoming a bit of a Paleo-pusher, grimacing when co-workers tell me what they've eaten and biting my tongue to keep from telling them what those foods are doing to their bodies. Oops! Let's work on that poker face...

2 comments:

  1. How'd you make the citrus dressing? I need to learn to do that. It seems all the store bought dressings I like have gluten and soy and sometimes dairy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a half-orange's worth of juice, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, a teaspoon of Dijon mustard, and a little bit of sea salt and pepper to taste. You whisk together the juice, salt, mustard, and pepper, then drizzle in the olive oil while you're whisking. It makes enough for two salads if you're a liberal dressing-user like me.

      I found that this website gives some great tips on making your own vinaigrette and customizing to your own tastes.

      http://paleodietlifestyle.com/salad-dressing-and-vinaigrettes/

      Good luck, and happy eating!

      Delete